Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 23-11-2018, 21:45   #3647
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
. I've used a turn of phrase in quotation marks that I wouldn't ordinarily use.
well don’t use it now then.

Quote:
Are you now making the contention that you didn't mean that this gives us a significant negotiating advantage?
I didn’t say advantage.

You proposed what would we use, if not the £39bn, as leverage in our negotiation.

I simply advised that £39bn is but our annual trade with the EU, and some countries more than others rely on this. EU negotiators would be wise to factor this in, if it was threatened due to political point scoring rather than sensible decisions.

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Well, judging by the last pro-Brexit rally of four people, I don't think the Police will have too many issues on their hands if Brexit doesn't happen.
It’s always the great unwashed that take to the streets.

The silent majority always do their talking at the ballot box.
Quote:
However, I do think:
1) That the court next Thursday will state that Article 50 can be withdrawn
2) That Theresa May will get her deal through Parliament. If the first event happens as I predict, it could make her position stronger as she can argue my Brexit or no Brexit.
I don’t see any of that happening......at the moment.

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
On the contrary - I believe they've done something truly audacious and actually planned for the fact we may walk away.
How so?

Quote:
On your first point Parliament will always retain it's authority. What are you proposing? Revolution? Armed struggle?
Fair enough, badly worded.

Replace parliament with establishment.