View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 13:34   #1291
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

My PanasonicTV is not UHD (6 or 7 years old). In my opinion, it gives an excellent picture but it seems even better on streaming services cast from my Pixel 3a XL phone. So easy to do!

I must have subtitles. TV player does not have them, nor can you rely on ITV Hub, All4 or the Channel 5 one. Everything I have ever watched on Netflix does have subtitles; some things on Prime and Disney+ do not. BBC iPlayer has them on recorded programmes but not live broadcasts. I am reluctant to try Britbox as apparently around half the programmes lack subtitles. I have cast some good old programmes from UK TV. All I have tried have subtitles.

To sum up, having different boxes and plug ins has put me off streaming but the ease and quality of casting from my phone via Chromecast is a very pleasant surprise. I can even control it with my voice through my Google mini speaker!