View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 22:00   #58
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Owen Paterson: Anger as Tory MP avoids suspension in rule shake-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I suspect a large percentage of the public will not really care about a party that may (or may not) have happened 12 or so months ago.

In fact most are probably fed up of the constant media attention of something that really doesnt affect them at all.

I know I am, and dont care about it at all - did they or didnt they, either way it will have zero effect on my day to day life.

I had my Christmas then, pretty much the same as all previous ones (and the same again this year). The Turkey is in the freezer, waiting, and the family is invited (and coming).

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

You are not (see above).
My main objection to it is that they had seen fit to impose restrictions which prevented the general public from doing so.

Also, rather than making the event seemingly low-key (a few drinks from people working in an office together at the end of the day would be minimal covid risk) they not only went to town on it (apparently) but also completely mocked the event with the videos in the press conference room.

And all this comes to light as they try and put new restrictions, albeit much milder, on the rest of us.

it's double standards, love the Thatcher quote, now she is one who acted with integrity.