Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 08:24   #444
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Initial figures are around 6.1 million this week, so far its fallen each week.

I'm starting to find her (and her sonic) quite irritating, and apparently so are many others. There is no substance to her, just a constant (often incomprehensible) babbling and virtually no plot (and lets not forget the constant PC lectures as well). It least the giant spiders were quite realistic and frightening last week, that teddy bear thing this week was a joke, it reminded me of Nibbler from Futurama.
Well yeah it will fall for each episode, people tune out of shows more than that tune in during a season for the most part. That is standard really.

The one before came in at 8+ million once time-shifted viewing was factored in. So until the this episode the numbers were still quite high, again comparable to Tennent's era. 6.1 is quite a drop unless that catches up with time-shift viewing as well. The season as a whole is currently the most watched:

Quote:
Overall series info:

Final ratings (in millions):
  • The Woman Who Fell To Earth - 10.95
  • The Ghost Monument - 9.00
  • Rosa - 8.41
  • Arachnids in the UK - 8.22
Average for series 11 so far: 9.15 million - This is the highest ratings average of any series of new-Who by this point in the series.

Overnights, i.e. live TV viewership (in millions):
  • The Woman Who Fell To Earth - 8.20
  • The Ghost Monument - 7.11
  • Rosa - 6.39
  • Arachnids in the UK - 6.43
  • The Tsuranga Conundrum - 6.12
It also appears iPlayer/catch-up numbers are higher than ever. It's adding about two million each time.

Whatever else about the season the BBC will be happy with the ratings.

Personally I have not caught up on the last two episodes. I like Jodie as the Doctor but I still find it difficult to get into Doctor Who that much. I'll try and catch up. I might not though, it doesn't draw me in.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote