View Single Post
Old 16-09-2019, 23:04   #74
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Not veer further but it's worth noting the French generally have a lot of respect for the American/British veterans and fallen of WW2. There are many examples of local graves of servicemen being maintained in the smaller villages by the locals. There is a story that I tried to Google but I am sure I remember about a French village who craft their own beer and named it after an American who would take beer back and forth to injured soldiers and in turn become somewhat of a legend in the town.

I know there are also programs where French people will visit and lay flowers at the graves of soldiers whose families can't visit.

I am not sure how you can measure the degree to which 'hate the fact that it was the Anglo-Saxons who got them their countries back' and I am sure Charles de Gaulle probably has something to do with it - he usually does - but it's less evident there is anything but respect for the soldiers themselves.