View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 21:52   #1075
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I think I’ve made my position very clear over the years.

I voted Remain, pre-referendum the EU wasn’t even on my radar. It just was what it was. I cared as much about the EU as much as I cared about my Local Authority. Not a lot.

But what I am, is a Democrat. It’s what separates us, or is supposed to, from despots, tyrants and dictators or is supposed to.

We lost, and immediately said to Mrs Pierre, this will be bad, but here we are.

What I have witnessed since the referendum result has just disgusted me, and it has turned me from a remainer to a fervent Brexiteer - and not because I believe in Brexit - but I believe we have to enact the decision that was made.

A few points, I knew what we were voting for, that’s why I voted Remain. I knew what Leave meant. My version, Based on what I was told, and read and watched, was leaving the SM, CU and jurisdiction of the ECJ ( of nearly all things, I recognised there may be some areas they could still be involved with). If it’s not those three things it’s not Brexit and not the worth trouble we’ve gone through.

So, to answer you, if there was another Ref, I would vote leave.

Another point, I am a well educated, professional person, that earns in the higher tax bracket, as does my wife. Who both voted Remain and would both now vote leave. The same can be said of my sister, and I don’t we are an isolated case.

Parliament is a disgrace and an embarrassment.

We heard you the first time.

no shit?

I have no idea who you are talking to, or about.
At least you admit you have no idea about what’s going on, I suppose. Quite refreshing honesty from a Brexiteer. I commend you for it.

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The WA doesn't start until after we leave.
From Explainer on WA.
The "extensions" constantly referred to, are the start date of the WA, not the end date. There would become a point in time where any time extensions to the WA, would mean it was no longer a transitional, unambiguously limited in time agreement, and no further extension would be legal, even under EU law.
I was referring to the Withdrawl Act not the Withdrawal Agreement.