View Single Post
Old 20-01-2022, 18:37   #240
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
a516Digital says on Twitter that CBBC HD will close at 2pm at weekends to make may for S4C HD to broadcasting in Wales - now we know why a new CBBC HD Channel did appear in Wales yesterday for.

https://twitter.com/a516digital/stat...64209390096385
Some had suggested beforehand they could be running BBC3 HD after midnight in Wales as they saw an extra ID on the multiplex, but it wasn't showing in Scotland so I doubted it when I read it. It was probably this transmission time change (unless there was some other reason I've not read about).

It wasn't a completely daft idea, BBC Scotland channel ends at midnight usually, overnight repeats for night owls or timeshifting with a recording for Scotland and Wales could appease some viewers a little.

It's not impossible they upgraded the encoders for CBBC HD/S4C HD while they were at it. I'll have to see if there are any indicators.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 20-01-2022 at 18:40.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote