Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2022, 18:44   #1360
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
There was WFH before COVID. I’ve worked from home, at least a few days a week, for 16 years.

Certainly ( some) companies will have noticed healthy cash flows with reduced utility costs and almost nil travel and expenses costs. Employees however will have noticed increased utility costs, but reduced travel costs.

But some people also prefer and/or need to interact with others in an office environment

I think there will be an increase in WFH but not as large as some would expect, and it will be something like 3days in 2 days home etc.

I would also be amazed if there was ever another lockdown.
There may well not be another lockdown - but that’s a massive leap from no restrictions whatsoever.

“Running hot” with the delta variant didn’t create a massive upturn in city centre economic activity (or immunity against omicron) and there’s no reason to expect a rush back to the office against a backdrop of a larger number of omicron cases.

Quote:
I think you mean don’t prevent “all” deaths. I’m pretty sure a lot of deaths and serious injury has been prevented by wearing seatbelts.

But comparing the two is nonsensical.
I’m pretty sure transmission has been prevented from mask wearing, and consequent hospitalisations and deaths. The evidence clearly supports this regardless of what anti mask groups claim. It may not prevent “all” transmission - hence my entirely valid and appropriate comparison.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote