Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2022, 18:32   #1359
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Neither do the Government get to declare the end of WFH. It now suits many businesses and their employees and generates savings.
There was WFH before COVID. I’ve worked from home, at least a few days a week, for 16 years.

Certainly ( some) companies will have noticed healthy cash flows with reduced utility costs and almost nil travel and expenses costs. Employees however will have noticed increased utility costs, but reduced travel costs.

But some people also prefer and/or need to interact with others in an office environment

I think there will be an increase in WFH but not as large as some would expect, and it will be something like 3days in 2 days home etc.

I would also be amazed if there was ever another lockdown.

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
and don’t prevent death in a car accident,
I think you mean don’t prevent “all” deaths. I’m pretty sure a lot of deaths and serious injury has been prevented by wearing seatbelts.

But comparing the two is nonsensical.