View Single Post
Old 31-12-2021, 20:53   #17
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: BBC Micro Retro Gaming a blast from the past!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Have to admit, never coded on my home computers - did it for a living (Mainframe Assembler, COBOL, RPG2/3, SQL, C++, Python, et al), so never felt the need/urge to do it in my time off…
So how did you learn? BBC Micro wasn't my first computer experience (we had a PDP8 at school, which did Basic), but it was where I learned how to do assembler, which set me up for life.

Which mainframes did you use? I worked for ICL before I joined NTL, and am a dab hand at SFL (ICL mainframe assembler). A skill I don't get to use any more, sadly.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote