View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 15:21   #13
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Help for those with little or no understanding of hidden disabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Because it effects your relationship with others it would likely be a condition. Do you like to have control also? as in need people to be on time and need to plan your day out quite rigidly ?

in 2019 I self-referred to IAPT and was referred to a course of CBT. I pretty much like you am quite opinionated and blunt and like you it effected my relationship with others. I also suffer from clinical anxiety and have done most of my life due exacerbated by minor brain damage that occurred when I had encephalitis as a child.

The CBT bought out a control issue I had no idea I had, I need people to be on time I hate tardiness and I need to know what is happening around me. The CBT helped me a lot, I am not cured but I deal with things a lot better

I do think mental illnesses are cover the majority of hidden disabilities and those who have not suffered with similar have absolutely no idea just how debilitating they can be
I do tend to agree.

Yes saying things that you know full well will upset other people and having no care or empathy about it is a sign of a mental illness/disability.

These are often the traits of Aspergers Syndrome or autism. It can run in families and there are many cases of it now being picked up in the parents when their children receive a diagnosis.

It's a crying shame that so many lives/relationships have been affected or even ruined before it was tested for.