View Single Post
Old 27-10-2021, 23:54   #458
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I said ‘financial clout’. I haven’t moved anything; you just misquote, misinterpret, misrepresent and then claim the other person has changed their position.

As for your ‘business models’ - they just need to make a profit, as Sky and BT do. I don’t know why you cannot see how the streamers can make money out of this when the channel operators can - the whole idea that streamers cannot do this is absurd.

I doubt you know what their business models are anyway!
No bids, OB - except the bargain bucket rights Sky/BT didn’t want. If it’s that easy where were bids? I’m sure they know their business models better than both of us.

“Just need to make a profit” didn’t serve ITV Digital or Setanta well, or ESPN after them. The idea that it is easy is misplaced. Indeed, the blind bidding process is designed to maximise the costs of the rights minimising the profits for the bidder(s) in a competitive auction. Someone bids too much for everyone else. In the case of Sky and BT to date - too much for Amazon, Netflix, Google, Facebook, DAZN, etc.

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 23:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Are these prices correct ? If so I fail to see how this will compete with Now.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...the-corner/amp
Strange pricing - I guess the question is how well “bundles” come out and what retentions look like.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote