View Single Post
Old 27-10-2021, 23:34   #457
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Well yes, I’ll disagree.

DAZN appear to be regretting their sojourn into boxing and other secondary rights, recognising (as Sky do) that it’s the top dollar rights that bring in customers month in, month out.

Saul Alvarez vs Caleb Plant is on BT Sport Box Office in the UK when that should naturally be part of their ambitions. Eddie Hearn appears to have more limited funds at his disposal, and influence, in the North American market as ESPN and others go from strength to strength.

I’m not sure how we have moved from “deep pockets” to “market clout” I’m intrigued to know what the difference is. Is it, as I’ve been bleating on for what appears to be decades, a viable business model?
I said ‘financial clout’. I haven’t moved anything; you just misquote, misinterpret, misrepresent and then claim the other person has changed their position.

As for your ‘business models’ - they just need to make a profit, as Sky and BT do. I don’t know why you cannot see how the streamers can make money out of this when the channel operators can - the whole idea that streamers cannot do this is absurd.

I doubt you know what their business models are anyway!