View Single Post
Old 15-03-2021, 20:09   #23
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sarah Everard Vigil and the Met Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think there is a difference here though in that we're talking about two types of crime that are quite specific. I.E Sexual assault and domestic violence.
I am all for protesting against domestic violence, having witnessed it first hand. This was afaik not domestic violence, we are yet to be told the motive. It may or may not have been sexually motivated, we don’t know yet.

Quote:
I think the 'educate your sons' is less about the obvious thing of not committing an assault or murdering someone and more about behaviour that isn't violence, maybe not even technically a crime, but adds to the threat women feel in the street such as catcalling, bothering random women for a phone number on the street or otherwise being a bit of a creep.
Of course I’m all against intimidating women and girls and creepy behaviour etc, but in regards to how young men/boys and young women/girls interact and behave a wider discussion is needed in the round. I of course will have a discussion with my boys about “no means no” etc, but it will probably be more around don’t get yourself into a stupid situation with a girl.

Demonising boys is not the way forward, and I’m. It saying everybody is, but some of the rhetoric around this is very disturbing.

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Same people would have been there, in ADDITION to others.
They had the option to leave peacefully, but they chose otherwise.

Perhaps they would prefer fewer male teachers at primary level, and fewer fathers present.
Oops, they've done that. How did that work out?
Do you have the link to that NK.