View Single Post
Old 15-03-2021, 19:26   #20
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Sarah Everard Vigil and the Met Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Considering that twice as many men are murdered than women, by men and that men are far more likely to be randomly murdered, by a massive % by a man they have never met before. Perhaps men should be holding a vigil to end violence against men by men?
I think there is a difference here though in that we're talking about two types of crime that are quite specific. I.E Sexual assault and domestic violence.

With men killing men it's often due to a multitude of reasons. One of them is knife crime and there are campaigns against that and occasionally protests. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47965184

You walk around some areas of London and you'll see special bins into which knives can be deposited and you'll see charity workers trying to raise money for anti-knife crime charities.

So there are efforts to stop men murdering men but that category is so broad that they're focusing on specific causes.

Quote:
I would suggest that you can educate your sons as much as you want, but if they grow up to be a murdering psychopath that's probably more to do with their mental make up rather that their education.
I think the 'educate your sons' is less about the obvious thing of not committing an assault or murdering someone and more about behaviour that isn't violence, maybe not even technically a crime, but adds to the threat women feel in the street such as catcalling, bothering random women for a phone number on the street or otherwise being a bit of a creep.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote