View Single Post
Old 15-03-2021, 16:05   #16
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sarah Everard Vigil and the Met Police

I'm more concerned with the narrative and themes being pushed. especially the Meme that has the sentence "protect your daughter" crossed out and replaced with "educate your sons" it was also visible at the vigil.

I educate my sons not to murder anyone, not just women, that's pretty much taken as read. I teach my sons not to hit women and treat them with respect, and to have self respect. I would say any parent would do that.

There will be situation were boys are in abusive households and witness domestic violence - there is no guarantee they will grow up to emulate that. I was one such boy and I saw my father hit my mother and vice versa, many times. Even witnessed by mother attack my father with a kitchen knife. Never once have I ever laid hands on women, and never would.

the hashtag #not all men has been rubbished, akin to #alllivesmatter as men not getting the point.

Considering that twice as many men are murdered than women, by men and that men are far more likely to be randomly murdered, by a massive % by a man they have never met before. Perhaps men should be holding a vigil to end violence against men by men?

I would suggest that you can educate your sons as much as you want, but if they grow up to be a murdering psychopath that's probably more to do with their mental make up rather that their education.