View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 20:36   #2
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: wanting to complain who do I speak to?

VM are currently the most complained about TV service provider, with complaints about complaint handling topping the list, so I wish you the best of luck.

In my experience, you'll be messed about, lied to, promised call backs that don't materialise, be told that your complaint has been "resolved", told that you have accepted this, told that you've received non existent letters/phone calls/emails, told that their regulator has said that they don't have to pay any form of compensation etc etc. In the end, you'll be sent a 'deadlock letter'. There's a good chance that this will look like it's been written by a child due to the mistakes, atrocious spelling and lack of grammar.

This whole process appears to be crafted to make you give up pursuing your complaint, but it just made me even more determined and their behaviour only served to add weight to my grievance.

If you get through to the foreign call centre, I would advise you to put the phone down and redial until you get through to a UK call centre. In my experience, they will only serve to waste your time and frustrate you as they go through their script which bears no relation to what you are talking about and this is assuming that they understand basic English.

My advice is to record and keep everything and, once you get their excuse for a deadlock letter, you can then complain to CISAS:

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/

Frontline staff may start getting rude or stroppy (eg some of them have been known to tut, sigh, threaten to terminate the call after their fob off attempts have failed etc).

Any difficulties or extra help required due to age, disability etc are very likely to be unilaterally and unlawfully ignored.

If this happens, I would advise you to send an email to their CEO at tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk At one time this would have been dealt with by his office, but it now appears to be the case that emails of complaint to him are delegated straight back down to the very people that you are complaining about, however, in my experience, the staff who deal with these delegated emails do tend to treat customers with a little more respect.

In your case I would, at the very least, be asking for £50 compensation to offset the charge levied on people who dare to move to a house in an area that VM haven't cabled. VM appear to work on the principle that a customers time is worth nothing and that any inconvenience or out of pocket expenses are simply tough. I was once told that they "don't offer any form of compensation"; which is a fine example of the nonsense that you will be subject to.

Keep us informed and good luck!

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 07-12-2018 at 20:41. Reason: Added CEO email address.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote