Thread: Tivo V6 V6 recordings ending early.
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 17:44   #4
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: V6 recordings ending early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I didn't know this was a general fault and, yes, I will have still had my TiVo the penultimate time it happened.

It's only been affecting recordings since last Friday night.

1) The EPG said one hour in every case that it's happened.

2) None, I don't ever use padding as in peak time it either chops it off again anyway, or takes it off from the beginning of another programme.

3) They all started at the correct time.

4) IIRC, they all said 47 minutes instead of one hour.

5) 47 minutes.

6) Nope.

7) From what I remember, yes. If/when it happens again, i'll make a note and let you know.

Since I made the first post, I don't actually think it is the same thing as what happened with my TiVo either. It looks like it's not recording 13 minutes in the middle of programmes!

The reason I think this is because I recorded yesterday's Loose Women (ITV) for an interview with Bob Mortimer. When I FF'd through the recording to find it, it wasn't there! Also, the opening titles were present at the beginning as were the closing credits at the end.

I went onto VOD and found that the interview had actually taken place approx in the middle of the programme.

A similar thing happened with Fridays Gogglebox on Channel 4.

The only time that i've known this happen before is when the signal gets cut off in the middle of a recording eg when my neighbour accidentally cut through the outside cable and cut off my landline. The TV wasn't affected, but they obviously had to cut everything off whilst they repulled a new cable.

It's also happened when VM TV has gone down in the whole area, however, i've not noticed any channels going off since Friday and other recordings on other channels during the same time period have been fine.

Are ITV SD and C4 SD on the same mux? I'm wondering if, perhaps, one of the muxes is temporarily dropping out? Having said that, it's unlikely that it would happen for exactly 13 minutes each time.

I'll make a note of the shortfall and channel should it happen again
It seems that either fully or partly that you were or are affected by the fault that meant channels were going off air which happend to me on Friday with Gogglebox. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...4/td-p/3998168

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...n/td-p/3998130

Last edited by Mythica; 04-06-2019 at 17:47.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote