Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 11:33   #6061
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
So, would it be fair to say that your position is basically it doesn’t matter what happens to the countries population as a whole ? So long as Brexit is delivered ?

Genuine question

---------- Post added at 11:17 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

So to consider some of the good points you also make.

1) when change stops in a democracy, we’re no longer in a democracy
2) if the result of the referendum had been the opposite I have no doubt we would be having the same argument but from the opposite side of the coin
3) If the UK is such a powerful entity in its own right and the EU are petrified of us leaving (which seems to be the thought process of many people who wish to leave) then surely if we were to remain in the EU that gives us the best chance to effect change (that’s if you believe our politicians can achieve that)

As were scheduled to leave currently and enter the transitional phase we basically maintain the same relationship but with no say
I'd just like to take you up on the one point (the others are the ones we are all going round in circles).

I've argued that had it been the other way round, the Leavers would have accepted it because there would have been nothing further on which to hang one's hat. It wouldn't be the case of "what we know now".

Surely you could see that?

My advice is at your risk.