Thread: VM Business Hitron in Modem mode
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 16:47   #4
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Hitron in Modem mode

Ah interesting... ok so I fully grasp the setup & test.... I assume the clinet device you pinged from was connected to the Draytek, which via it's WAN port is connected to the Hitron which is in modem mode.

And in that config you can't ping 192.168.100.1 from behind the Draytek and can't ping 8.8.8.8 either?

My Hirton uses static Ip addresses so I can't put it into Modem mode - when you do have you tried connecting the draytek to each of the 4 ports on the Hitron? I am wondering if only one is active in modem mode.

When in modem mode you coudl try connectinga PC to the hitron to make sure it can access the internet. of course no firewall is active onthe Hitron in the mode - so beware :-)
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote