View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 12:10   #10229
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I heard Amazon were after the Ashes series next winter, probably more affordable for them.

Not sure it is the expense - Amazon policy is not to get involved in long-term rights.

By that I mean things spread over a season - hence they like the concentrated hit of their 2 rounds of EPL matches (timed to entice new Prime members around Black Friday and Xmas).

I think it is highly possible the Ashes may be on a streamer of some nature as it will generate a lot of subscriptions.

However, where streamers lose out is many people just subscribe for a month or two, watch a particular thing then cancel.

I did exactly this with Prime - took month free trial for the Autumn Rugby internationals kept it for an extra month for the football over Xmas then cancelled. Since, cancelling I have received numerous emails from Amazon extolling the virtues of Prime that I will be missing.

Interestingly, this hasn't as yet extended itself to a discounted offer.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote