View Single Post
Old 15-12-2020, 21:56   #10218
gaz82
cf.member

gaz82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Yeah watched on my Samsung smart TV app and on Sky Q box but both the same. Wasn't aware of this judder thing and not sure what I need to do whilst remaining in the app?
On Sky Q, press home, go to Settings, Setup and Audio Visual. Scroll to the bottom and make sure "Judder reduction for TV apps" is OFF.

Judder reduction, when switched on, changes the Sky Q output to 60Hz when opening a US originated app (Netflix, Amazon Prime etc) which matches the contents original frames per second and avoids judder.

European live sport is originally broadcast at 50Hz so this option is counter productive and switching it off will keep the output at 50Hz which will ensure a smoother picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Yeah my thought too. Simple answer is keep sport on linear channels.
I totally agree, as well as picture quality issues streamed sport also introduces a delay. This can be as much as 40 seconds to a minute behind "live" which opens up further issues including score notifications on other apps/sources such as Sky Sports News displaying updates before you see it take place and also issues with in play betting.

Until these issues can be rectified then, in my opinion, streamed live sport is really a non-starter.
gaz82 is offline   Reply With Quote