View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 19:13   #5983
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Various sources that are fundamentally opinion pieces. I linked only last week at how linear remains the most popular viewing type in the UK, despite the vast, vast majority of homes never having to view television in this way if they choose to not.

I'm not sure how you suggest I come across as a know-all. If Old Boy makes a claim he should be able to back it up, all too often it is the case that he cannot and instead links to opinion pieces from digital marketing companies.

Fundamentally people want to watch content and care little for the delivery model. It's a radical transition for the low cost streamers to take the step up - indeed as I've often pointed out Amazon made no meaningful bids in the first round of Premier League rights last time around.

Anyone being objective, rather than having a blinkered fundamentalist view in favour of one delivery model, would see that viewers enjoy the vast range of options available now.

If I modelled iPhone sales in their first five years and that rate of growth was sustainable every single person on the planet would have bought an iPhone in the year 2017. They didn't. Growth reached a plateau.
The twaddle you come out with! Of course I provide links, which is more than you do. You are trapped in a time warp and appear totally incapable of separating the present from the future.

Mind you, you're not the only one!

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Who's to say that they wont in the future?
Precisely. They have to start somewhere.