View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 05:17   #5971
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, no, you are not. You could maintain a dignified silence.

I don't know what 'misinformation' you are referring to. If you are saying that the decline in viewing traditional channels and the increase in numbers subscribing to VOD services is incorrect, please say so. And if you can support your statements with links proving that to be wrong, please do so.

As I see it, you just disagree with everything that shows the way this is all going without providing a shred of evidence to support your views.

We all get that you want things to stay the same. But you are completely incapable of recognising the evidence that shows otherwise.

Prove me wrong, if you can..

---------- Post added at 00:57 ---------- Previous post was at 00:53 ----------

Maybe you should try it, to see how easy and convenient it is.
At no point have I ever suggested linear viewing is not declining. This is, once again, your classic straw man you put up where you argue against a point I didn’t actually make. The dispute is if it levels off before zero.

However, it’s a huge leap to get from where we are now to 100% of all viewing which is your flawed yet persistent message across multiple threads on this, and other, forums. Streamers are dealing with the low hanging fruit - existing pay-tv customers who are willing to pay slightly more and those that can’t afford/don’t see value in traditional subscriptions. Netflix are already between the rock and hard place of slowing growth and price rises.

The average viewer doesn’t feel as strongly as you do about delivery methods and this backed up by statistics released just the other day. People continue to watch linear regardless of how irrational you perceive it to be.

Last edited by jfman; 10-08-2019 at 05:23.