View Single Post
Old 30-09-2018, 00:32   #83
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: BBC wants to increase licence fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I’m flogging a dead horse here.

Where have I said any public service broadcasting is endangered by streaming services? Oh that’s right I haven’t. Just goes to show, the forum ‘quote’ button sadly isn’t also a ‘I’ve read what I’m about to quote’ button.

Yes, by the way, I have forgotten about the Grand Tour. Without the discipline of a BBC production team behind them, Clarkson et al are rudderless old bores endlessly repeating the same tired cliches. It was a lavish disappointment. Not sure how that’s in any way relevant to a live dancing competition with viewer voting though. Neither the Grand Tour nor indeed TopGear were ever intended to be live or interactive.
You said ‘Netflix and Amazon’s output comes nowhere near the breadth required for public service broadcasting.’

If I have misinterpreted you, I apologise, but I don’t see how else that can be interpreted.

It doesn’t matter if you don’t like ‘The Grand Tour’. I was giving that as an example that disproves your point.

By the way, I do agree that your horse has definitely deceased.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 30-09-2018 at 00:35.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote