View Single Post
Old 29-09-2018, 21:20   #81
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: BBC wants to increase licence fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
This is a bit confusing to me. Can you explain what public service broadcasting you think is endangered by streaming services?

As far as 'Strictly' is concerned, there is no reason why shows like this cannot appear on our streaming services. Have you forgotten about 'The Grand Tour' on Amazon?
I’m flogging a dead horse here.

Where have I said any public service broadcasting is endangered by streaming services? Oh that’s right I haven’t. Just goes to show, the forum ‘quote’ button sadly isn’t also a ‘I’ve read what I’m about to quote’ button.

Yes, by the way, I have forgotten about the Grand Tour. Without the discipline of a BBC production team behind them, Clarkson et al are rudderless old bores endlessly repeating the same tired cliches. It was a lavish disappointment. Not sure how that’s in any way relevant to a live dancing competition with viewer voting though. Neither the Grand Tour nor indeed TopGear were ever intended to be live or interactive.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote