View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 05:45   #37
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Oscar 2020 Nominations

Oscars get it right for once

Not so sure about Zellweger. I think that was what I call stunt acting, where the entire thing is contrived to be 'look at this, give me an Oscar'. Sort of like when you say there are 'made of Oscar films' I feel the same about some acting performances. It was basically an imitation, a SNL bit, and whilst it was very good it took place in an otherwise dull film. Lifeless.

Now compare that to Saoirse Ronan's performance in Little Women, or pretty much anything, where there is a believable character being brought to life.

But not a big objection.

You're right about 1917. I did love watching it but I don't think it would have aged well as a Best Picture winner. With the caveat that I still haven't seen The Irishman I think Parasite was by far the right choice and it's about time there was a foreign winner of Best Picture ending the remarkable run of English language films being the best each year in the entire world....

Last edited by Damien; 10-02-2020 at 06:30.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote