View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 08:16   #35
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Oscar 2020 Nominations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The same four actors have won each acting award so far: Joaquin Phoenix, Renee Zellweger, Brad Pitt and Laura Dern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
It sounds cliché and you always hear the award winner say it in their acceptance speeches but I think there is a lot of talent in each category this year and there are some categories where I think there is more than one deserving winner.
that's what I was talking about. I watched Judy before Harriet and up and till that point Renee Zellweger was the clear front runner for me. I love Laura Dern but ironically if she is going to win I don't think it should be for Marriage Story, it should be for Little Women. Joaquin Phoenix was good but when the presenters read out the nominations they say "and now for the Oscar for an 'outstanding' performance by an actor in a leading role" and I didn't think his performance was outstanding as he has played whacky characters before. It was very good but there are more deserving winners imho. Joker has received a lot of nominations and I don't think it should win any of them.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote