Thread: Superhub New Router required
View Single Post
Old 17-02-2020, 03:43   #8
fizzyade
cf.addict

fizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about them
Re: New Router required

I have a mixture of UniFi equipment and mikrotik.

The USG is not a great product, even the “pro” is underpowered. I recently sold my Pro after using it for a few months. Ubiquiti seem to be creating odd products at the moment, they now have the Dream Machine which replaces the USG and controlller in one unit, but you have to use the built in controller.

It is a very pretty system, but the USG line is in need of updates (they discontinued the ridiculously expensive XG) and it’s not clear if that will happen with the Dream Machine encroaching on that product line.

I do exclusively use their access points though, as the poster above said it’s a neat system for that. I also use their cameras as well.

I actually have a NUC which runs a whole load of services on Proxmox and has a Thunderbolt 3 enclosure with W 10Gb fibre card in it, I run Untangle as my router and it’s awesome. It’s not a cheap solution though when you factor in the hardware.
fizzyade is offline   Reply With Quote