View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:00   #90
PedroKTFC
Inactive

PedroKTFC is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

I am having trouble with my B&Q Ross HD system. I have set it up and am able to see quite a few channels but none on the Astra 2D satellite (that's the likes of BBC1, BBC2 etc so pretty essential!). I see zero quality for all the transponders on that satellite while I get up to about 63% on the transponders on some of the other Astra 2/Eurobird 1 transponders. I assume therefore that I'm pointing in at least roughly the right direction so I would have expected to see some sort of signal quality for Astra 2D but, as I said, I see absolutely zero!

Anyone got any ideas as to why?

[As I've just joined, a few comments on other posts which might help:
Signal Strength is a misnomer, it simply tells you if your box is communicating with the LNB.
Signal Quality is a measure of what is coming from the satellite, that's the one to concentrate on!
If you're getting zero quality, try different transponders and different satellites, you might find you're lined up wrongly. When I initially installed it, I couldn't get anything but zero. I eventually tried a scan and it finally found some quality some way through and some channels (all German as it happened, telling me I was pointing at the wrong satellite). At least that proved my system was working! I could then focus on a transponder that had some signal quality and move the dish to maximise it. (But none of the Astra 2D transponders have worked so far for me!)
You can change the switch off time from something other than 3 hours, it's in one of the configuration settings.]
PedroKTFC is offline   Reply With Quote