Thread: Tivo V6 VM EPG
View Single Post
Old 30-03-2018, 15:48   #14
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: VM EPG

Beneath the Surface this weekend (31st Mar) are episodes 5 & 6. They were scheduled for last weekend but got cancelled last minute. Only 4 episodes have so far been broadcast.

Episodes 7 & 8 will be on 7th April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
There seems to be slapdash checking of the information posted in the EPG. I don't know who is responsible for the accuracy of this, Virgin Media or a third party. Looking through my 'planned programmes' folder I found that the final two episodes of the thriller Beneath the Surface - Saturday on BBC 4 - would not have recorded had I not spotted that they are wrongly labeled as episodes 5 and 6. In fact, they are episodes 7 and 8. The previous 6 episodes are already recorded. I had my preferences set as 'new only'. I corrected my preference to 'new and reruns' and set them to record even though my V6 recognized them as repeats. I would have been annoyed if I missed these.
As already said - the NEW flag is nothing to do with the recording logic. If you TiVo has already record that episode then the recording logic is it is NOT NEW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Less critical is that the final episode of the latest series of the X-Files is wrongly labeled as 'new' on Sunday on Channel 5 when it is a repeat that has already been recorded. I don't know what the V6 would do in this kind of situation, record it or ignore it as the repeat it is.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote