View Single Post
Old 29-05-2008, 16:26   #7490
phormwatch
Inactive

phormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb24v View Post
I really am no expert on this stuff but I can't see how this fits with what's in the privacy policy from www.bt.com:

My italics and underling, obviously...

So if anyone who has done a section 12(?) DPA notice makes a request to BT this way then BT phail?

I realise I've just pirated a significant amount of text from a (presumably) (c) BT page. Oh, whatever. Go ahead and sue BT... my first defence witnesses will be, er, BT and that Kent bloke since they've convinced me that anything "on that t'tinterweb thingy" = public domain

Dave
You've just given me a good idea. If someone is ballsy enough to do it, they could make the point that everything on the web isn't quite public domain in the sense that BT mean by actually copying BTs website and all its logos onto a different domain - perhaps call it 'btsucks.com'.

Are they going to sue for copyright infringement? If so, wouldn't this undermine their assertion that if it's on the web it's free to use and exploit?

Anyone up for it?