View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 20:09   #3775
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
You just have to look at examples of where people are questioned as to why they are at the beach or wherever. They simply trot out phrases that the media having been constantly giving them as excuses.
Contact tracing appears to have previously been in place in the UK, but obviously had little effect. Just as it seems to have had little effect in Italy.
Italy didn’t have contact tracing. We abandoned it because it was too hard/too expensive and we didn’t screen those coming into the country.

Nice to selectively quote Jenny Harries though, someone who if she told me the time I’d check my watch. Conflicting messaging on face masks, contact tracing, etc. I come back to the question I routinely ask how many people need to die before we accept that our scientists aren’t “world leading” in this field? Worth noting she said that as we went into lockdown - contact tracing less appropriate when you can only infect your own household.

This doesn’t detract from the fact it’s necessary going forward for this to work or we are back into lockdown with the emergency brake.