Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 07:42   #73
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Discussion (New thread-Follow First Post Rules!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
I wouldn't say "out of spite" but no way does the UK get some preferential deal / some special perk to break the 4 principles on my watch if I was chief negotiator, ever. What on Earth makes you think that the UK should get friction less trade without being a member of the CU?

You don't get the same perks of the CU, without being a member of it. Simple as that.
...And yet, the EU want to continue to export to us. They export €80bn more goods to us than we do to them. They are going to have to give ground somehow or face us as new, stiff competitors with low tax rates. Plus, their exporters will face making their staff redundant with reduced profits for them. That's why TM has decided to distribute the proposed White Paper to all EU countries, translated into their own languges.

Barnier & co will start to find themselves under great pressure to back down in the face of this.

---------- Post added at 07:42 ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
A bit different from the hoped landslide she was told was coming her way..
True, but my point still stands.