View Single Post
Old 21-03-2008, 12:07   #1574
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

What has shocked me the most is the total news blackout that seems to be happening at Virgin Media.

Bt has made a statement on the Beta site

Quote:
Privacy: No data is passed outside of BT's network and the hardware is owned by BT. Customers choosing not to take part will not have their browsing information mirrored or profiled, and no information will go to the BT managed profiler. No information is gathered, and therefore no information is forwarded to Phorm. Customers who opt out will not come into contact with any Phorm-managed equipment. This is the very latest solution which we are developing for the up coming trial. To that end I can confirm that if you are asked to participate in the up coming trial and decide to 'opt-out' then none of your data will be processed or looked at by BT or by Phorm.
Carphone Warehouse has made a similar statement

Quote:
as far as TalkTalk is concerned, the Phorm system is never enabled until a user explicitly decides to 'opt in
Here's Virgin Media's statement about the OPT IN OPT OUT

Quote:
To reiterate, you won't be forced to use the system, and you will be given the choice to keep your internet experience exactly as it is now. As we get closer to launch we'll explain how this will work.
Webwise only replaces ads with more relevant ads, customers do not receive any more ads and certainly do not receive pop ups.
So is that an opt in or an opt out. you decide

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer