View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 11:40   #269
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, but they can improve their income by having more subscribers. As I said, the principle has already been established with the bundling of channels at a cheaper price. To suggest that none of the streaming services are prepared to enter into wholesale deals is not a wise thing to say on here, really.

Incidentally, did you know that the Hayu app was 'free' to Full House and VIP subscribers? Just one example of what can be achieved.
So effectively, linear channels disappear and are replaced with a menu of streaming options. Don't see the point in that personally.

I think you underestimate the number of technophobes, like your wife, who just like to switch on the to and look at the EPG to see what is currently on.

It has reminded me of a friend who told me his father wouldn't even use the recording facilities on sky - he continued to use his vhs recorder because that was what he knew!

As I have said before, I don't believe the 'super fast broadband is just round the corner' propaganda - the vast majority of the country will still be waiting for it in 10-15 years time.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote