View Single Post
Old 23-04-2019, 13:13   #685
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Project Kangaroo never got launched because of the competition authorities' worries. Worries that have been put into perspective now because of Netflix's popularity. PK was pretty much identical to BritBox, the only real difference is timing and market changes. They are so worried about overseas companies decimating the UK TV industry they are no longer worried about the lack of UK competition that them all cooperating for BritBox would mean.

And it is likely the rights to UK shows in the UK market will become exclusive to a combination of BritBox and the big UK broadcasters own services (ITV Hub, All4, iPlayer) so UK customers won't be watching them via likes of Netflix (unless they are co-productions). Disney withdrew rights for their content from Netflix, UK broadcasters will gradually likely do the same, except for international markets.
Got it in one!

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Blimey, you're on the ball today, Den, well done. That's another tick on my wish list!
Very good news for Virgin customers, well done to them!

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Quote:
You have been saying that for a eternity OB and still we wait...[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------
You exaggerate, Den. Some years ago, following a report in Broadcast, I said that I thought Sky Atlantic would be coming to Virgin, but unfortunately that report turned out to be untrue (or maybe there was a problem in the negotiations - maybe we will never know which it was).

It is also true that I have been saying since last year that I thought that SA would at last be coming to our screens, based on what Sky have already strongly intimated in their press release following the BT deal.

So the first time it didn't come about. Second time lucky.

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Quote:

That does not mean they will monetise all their assets.
I was referring only to SA, not necessarily all their assets, although the report did indicate that they were carrying out a complete review.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote