View Single Post
Old 20-02-2019, 22:18   #102
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: 3 girls going to Syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
They've ruled it's possible I guess, doesn't mean I have to agree that the Government can just say 'you're not British anymore'. Also I am pretty sure you can't make someone stateless so this decision will be reversed and the government knows it.
Quote:
Ms Begum's mother is believed to be a Bangladeshi national, and lawyers have told the BBC that under Bangladesh law this means Ms Begum is automatically a citizen of the country as well.
Ms Begum's case is different. Her Bangladeshi citizenship, if established, would remain intact until she reaches 21, even if she has never visited the country or made active efforts to retain her citizenship.
Your route would still mean just one person deciding the matter, where it could be decided by someone like her lawyer.
Quote:
Shamima Begum's lawyer has previously shared posts suggesting that 9/11 was an inside job and that Amber Rudd should go to a 'concentration camp.'
Tasnime Akunjee, who is backing Ms Begum's efforts to return to Britain with her newborn son Jerah, shared the comments on his Facebook page.
In November Mr Akunjee posted the link to a story about former Home Secretary Amber Rudd after she made a speech about the state of poverty in Britain in her first Commons appearance as work and pensions secretary.
Quote:
He has previously defended one of Lee Rigby's killers, who acted to avenge the killing of Muslims by British armed forces.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote