View Single Post
Old 21-04-2018, 19:24   #978
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Perhaps he shouldn’t have lied to the Vice-President and the FBI, then he wouldn’t have had any legal bills.

btw, they don’t - they confirm everything Comey said previously, about Trump’s obsession with personal loyalty and the pressure put in him to drop the Flynn investigation. The so-called ‘vindication’ is that Comey never stated in the memos that he felt obstructed or threatened, or that he felt obstructed in his investigation.

The obstruction question turns on what happened after this, which is that Trump fired Comey. These memos confirm the level of acquiescence that Trump wanted but did not get from Comey before firing him, and go further than before in supplying Trump’s likely motive for the firing. In Trump’s own words “I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job. I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

The memos confirm that Trump did try to exert a level of control over his FBI director, and over an ongoing investigation into his and his circles’ conduct, that is completely at odds with normal behaviours dictating that law enforcement should be free of presidential interference.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.