View Single Post
Old 18-08-2017, 19:09   #84
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Confirmed: linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I probably should have also said that the vast majority of my subscription costs are for sport, without trying to work things out again I'd guess if I didn't need sports my subs would be 50-60 percent lower.

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

OLD BOY I am in agreement with some of what you post, but the US pay TV market is markedly different from the UK,
what happens there is not necessarily coming here.
Until Ofcom grow a pair we are going to be the 3rd world in digital rights compared to America!
I understand the point you make, Buckeye, but the reason I point out what is going on with OTT sites in the States is that some Forum members do not believe that sport will ever be shown on streaming sites like Amazon or Netflix. I think it's the 'live' aspect that causes them confusion.

I wouldn't rule out the likes of Amazon or one of the other major streaming players going after the Premiership this next time around. We know they are interested.

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l don't think so OB.
You are such a doubting Thomas these days, Den.