View Single Post
Old 28-05-2008, 23:31   #7448
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicz View Post
All you have is a helpdesk referring (probably automatically) a query about a product to the supplier of that product for a response and then passing that response back to you. Look at the headers - it is clear that this is what is happening. What is not clear is what is being done by phorm with any personal information they get in the email sent to them - and we dont know if there is any at all - but this is exactly the behaviour I would expect from any large company helpdesk. So as I said earlier, you can ask BT and/or phorm what personal data there is and what they do with it but don't expect an honest reply any time soon. Good luck with the ICO if you are so minded, my view is that you are tilting at windmills here.
Could you perhaps explain then why an email about a BT domain needs consultation from Phorm in order to answer?

For your suggestion to be true that would seem to make no sense. There should be no reason for BT to consult Phorm on queries about BT's own servers.

Alexander Hanff