View Single Post
Old 26-02-2016, 08:54   #170
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Corbyn's kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Polls this early mean very little unless the media's incessant non stories and blatant lies are finally starting to resonate, I mean it was only a couple of months back corbyn was pretty close

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/12...end-otherwise/

Oh and for the record I'm not a corbyn supporter, yet, I just like sticking up for him at the moment because there's so much rubbish written about him, wonder if it's got anything to do with him threatening to break up the press barons

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...n-labour-media
The problem with Corbyn is that he is rubbish at his job. That isn't the media's fault. There are some papers that will against him no matter what (Sun, Mail, Telegraph) but he doesn't get favorable press from those who would be sympathetic towards him such as The Guardian.

This is his own fault. He is awful at dealing with the media. For example it's bad enough that he equivocates on the issue of the Falklands but any half-decent politician would bat any questions about it away easily. He suggests a possible 'deal' with Argentina.

He is rubbish at dealing with his party. He puts nonsense people in serious posts. He announces policy decisions without even consulting the shadow minister responsible for that policy area. He or his allies get the Momentum mob to do hatchet jobs on MPs who are viewed as unsupportive before backing away.

They're awful at general politics as well. Corbyn is far too slow at PMQs. Cameron makes mistakes in answers which Corbyn never seems to spot and instead moves away to a different question. There have been times where Cameron is clearly struggling with a topic and Corbyn could go for it but then he suddenly changes tact and lets him off. The day of the Doctors strike he asked about housing, when the Tories are infighting about Europe he asks about Doctors and I assume if there was a massive scandal about housing Corbyn would ask about trade union reforms.

Instead what happens if Labour's press office issues condemnations or criticisms of what Cameron has said in PMQs after the fact because their leader was too slow to do it in person. It gets even worse if they think Cameron was mean because they love that more than anything. The next few days are then dominated by Labour complaining that Cameron wasn't very nice to them.