Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 23:09   #1395
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Oh I see, the Freedom of movement within the EU was not an issue, but the freedom of movement within the UK, definitely an issue........ got it thanks.
Not quite sure how you’ve arrived at that leap.

Can only suspect you are attempting to throw up a straw man conflating “freedom of movement” (the EU principle allowing people to live and work in other Member States) and the principle of regional lockdowns restricting travel between local authorities.

Those are not the same thing. Unless you’ve got evidence that significant numbers of infections (and subsequent chains of transmission) started from people who were not travelling for tourism purposes and/or would be denied tourist visas.

As I say closing borders (and at a international or local levels, inside and outside the EU) could have had merits at the start of the outbreak but that’s substantially different from Richard’s statement.

Quote:
I wonder if even this will make the EU reconsider their ridiculous 'Freedom of movement' ideology.

Last edited by jfman; 03-12-2020 at 23:12.