View Single Post
Old 18-04-2021, 12:21   #25
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: The Beatles white album on cassette

I've always been a music person, I would much rather listen to music than watch TV for example.

Over the years (and there are many) I've amassed a nice collection of the stuff I enjoy and listen to. I've also bought, or heard elsewhere, some of the 'remastered' stuff that is supposed to sound better.

My opinion:
I've listened to many tracks so many times that they are ingrained into memory, all the subtle nuances, the guitar tones, the 'background' ambience, the cymbals, how the song resonates etc . . it's all there.
When I hear the same track that is remastered it's different to how I know it, it's not the same song, and therefore my feeling is that it is 'not as good' as the original.

Some may think it's definitely better, some will say worse, some may not even hear a difference, it's all down to how you yourself want that track to sound
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote