View Single Post
Old 17-09-2018, 13:31   #52
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Best Router to Use with Home Hub 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I understand, just another awesome feature of Asus router's which I didn't know about.

Just so everyone understands, the router acts as a dns cache server and caches dns queries so if another devices on the lan went to www.bbc.co.uk, when you want to go to it as well the router doesn't have to fire off a request over the internet to the dns server to look up the ip address because it already knows what the address is and thus the whole process is sped up. Sweeeeeeet
Yup, I think quite a lot of routers do this these days but it's certainly a great feature.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote