View Single Post
Old 15-09-2018, 15:21   #51
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Best Router to Use with Home Hub 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I understand, just another awesome feature of Asus router's which I didn't know about.

Just so everyone understands, the router acts as a dns cache server and caches dns queries so if another devices on the lan went to www.bbc.co.uk, when you want to go to it as well the router doesn't have to fire off a request over the internet to the dns server to look up the ip address because it already knows what the address is and thus the whole process is sped up. Sweeeeeeet

Brilliant isn't it? I'm learning all the time and I've had this router for a year now.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote