View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 20:50   #906
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle View Post
Thanks but whats activating the warning. Something during this click proscess is going to phorm or the program does not work.

I doubt that as this thing never screamed PHORM 2 days ago on the same site. Not a peep from the addon so why tonight. I willl check my router to see what happens.

If you check my other post found another forum which triggers the addon..
Okay...I have a theory (just a theory).
Maybe the websites that are triggering your alarm contain OIX ad-panels (there must be a few around in order that Phorm can conduct their "tests" on the BT guinea pigs) so perhaps the plug-in is detecting the Phorm script in those panels. Until the Phorm hardware goes live on the VM network, those panels won't work as intended when viewed over a VM connection, since there's no anonymous ID cookie on any of our machines yet. Unless, of course, VM are trialing it secretly, but that would be really stupid, since they haven't ammended our terms & conditions yet, so if they were discovered doing that, they'd be wide open to legal action. Now that this system has been announced, they really do have to tell us with that big splash screen the first time we go online after the system goes live, or they'd be handing opponents of the Phorm system their balls on a plate.