View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 12:32   #1503
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
The Nexus supports 5.1 it just looks like the netflix app hasn't been updated to incorporate this which is odd cause it works on Chromecast. 5.1 and DTS work just fine in Kodi once the correct settings are enabled.

I did have a brief think about this but apps are really lacking in Windows 8 and it would still be a case of using Kodi most of the time so for the timebeing I still think something like a Nexus or Fire TV is a better option as they are pretty lightweight boxes and hopefully apps will start coming through think and fast.

---------- Post added at 12:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

I can't imagine VLC is anywhere near as feature rich as Kodi, what sort of mess does Kodi make of the file system?
The windows tv boxes and sticks are based on the pc version of windows 8.1 i think. Also with google recently starting to enable running of android apps on any device that can run chrome browser http://www.techradar.com/news/softwa...d-apps-1290145 a windows device is looking very very tempting.
Kodi runs flawlessly on windows 8.1 btw i have kodi on my windows pc also on my linux partition and on my firetv too all run without issues.