View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 11:31   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: BBC programme shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think Itshim has a point, though. One of the programmes my wife likes didn’t record on Sunday due to a channel change.

I have no idea why the BBC does this. There must be a better way of organising the schedules on each channel.

Wouldn’t it be better, for example, to put the Commonwealth Games on the red button instead of completely disrupting the normal schedules?
It wouldn’t, because doing so wouldn’t meet their public service obligation to adequately reflect national interests and cover major events in the life of the nation. It’s not an accident that showpiece events go on BBC1 and stuff that would otherwise be important enough for 1 get bumped to 2. There is a pecking order, and the channels’ names aren’t a coincidence.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote