View Single Post
Old 30-07-2019, 20:15   #9280
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Maybe this is what's behind the latest sky newspaper advert which is stating "get the FULL sports action for only...."which is all the SkySports channels but at first reading leads you to believe it would include ALL sports channels not just the Sky ones.
I was trying to reduce my monthly payment, rang sky to see what they could do and was told currently you have to subscribe to BT sports direct, but this would be changing towards the end of the year.

Assuming you then pay via Sky there will be scope for sky reducing the cost to high-end tv packages and giving discounts.

I also have a minimum sub 2Tb HD box which I would want to retain as a recordable freesat box if I went the sky route - they admitted this was possible but wouldn't guarantee it.

I offered to have a 2nd dish -again they weren't keen on this. What I probably should have done was start a 2nd subscription in my wife's name thus ensuring either the lob was compatible with both or a 2nd dish was fitted - might have got a better discount as well?

In the end I rang Virgin to cancel, had to wait 30 mins on the phone to speak to someone who offered me a 12 month deal at a 25% discount.

Today I received a letter saying my sub was going up by £4.50 pm from 1st Sept, bit of a liberty - however I am presuming this won't happen as my deal starts 28th August.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote